10.10.08

Spiritual Ears

*
*
Spiritual Ears

Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. (Mat 13:)
14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. (1Cor 2:14)

God spent over a thousand years giving a chosen people His Word. He used miracles and punishment and even appeared to them in the form of the Shekinah Glory. The Jews had every reason to believe in God, and to follow Him.

God gave the Jews many prophets who warned the Jews what would happen if they didn't listen to Him and obey Him.

But from the beginning, the Jews rebelled and refused to listen or obey. Even though they knew God was real, they continually turned from Him and worshiped other gods that were made by their own hands.

Through David, through the prophets, and through illustrations such as the temple God told the Jews that He was going to appear to them, He told them when He would appear; He told them how He would appear: and He told them where He would appear - and when He appeared - they missed it.

The Jews had a history of falling away from God and into sin. So during the time of Jesus the religious leaders were very careful to make sure all the laws were strictly obeyed so they wouldn't get kicked out of their land again. In fact they did everything humanly possible to make sure nothing went wrong.

Humanly possible; but not Spiritually possible.

The Jewish leaders were so careful with the laws that they added over 600 of their own in order to insure that God's laws wouldn't be broken. It was much like setting a ten mile an hour speed limit on the freeway to make sure no one exceeded the maximum of 60mph.

The Jewish leaders were the finest and most religious people in the world. Their entire life revolved around their religiosity.

Paul of Tarsus is a good example of what Jewish leadership was like during the time of Jesus. By Paul's own account he was an excellent example.

The Jews had the finest Temple in the world. In fact it was considered one of the Wonders of the world.

And though it had been corrupted, their priesthood was considered top-notch.

The Jews had just one little problem. With all their religious efforts, it was directed toward themselves and not to the God they were supposedly following.

The leaders of the Jews had their eyes wide open, but their ears were closed. And though their eyes were open, they were turned the wrong way. While they kept their eyes open for a valiant warrior who would ride in from the South of Zion on a great white steed, they missed their Messiah who rode in on a donkey from the detested North.

From our perspective, that is looking back on the event, the reason for their missing their Messiah is quite evident. God had actually set them up so they would miss Him. That was part of the plan. God had hidden His purposes from them so they would fulfill His plan while thinking they were doing God's work. How can we know this?

6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. (1Cor 2:)

9And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. 10Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. 11Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate, 12And the LORD have removed men far away, (Isa 6:)

9Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink. 10For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered. 11And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: 12And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. 13Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: 14Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid. 15Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us? 16Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? (Isa 29:)

9Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. 10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them. (Mat 13:)

23And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. 25He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. 26If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. (John 12:)

37But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: 38That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? 39Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, 40He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. 41These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him. (John 12:)

1Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? 2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. 8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. 9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. (Isa 53:)

Psalm 22:
1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.
6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.
9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.
10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.
11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.
12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.
13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.
14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have enclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.
19 But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.
20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.
21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.
22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.
23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.
24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.
25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.
26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.
27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.
28 For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.
29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.
30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

"But that was 2,000 years ago. Things are different now. We have the New Testament and all the mystery has been exposed. Hasn't it?"

Has it? How about beasts with seven heads rising out of the sea, and harlots and dragons and angels dumping vials of fire on the world?

God is still hiding His purposes from those without Spiritual ears, that is, the Holy Spirit. But like the Pharisees and the Sadducees, who thought they had all the answers, therefore did not listen to the One who had the answers, therefore we do today.

2,000 yeas ago there were only two denominations who studied and memorized the same Book. Only two denominations. Same Book. You would think they would pretty well agree on just about everything, wouldn't you?

7And when he had so said, there arose a dissension between the Pharisees and the Sadducees: and the multitude was divided. 8For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both. (Acts 23:)

Have you read the Old Testament? The Book these two sects studied from? As many times as the Old Testament speaks of Angels, can you imagine someone not believing in them?

Two Denominations, yet worlds apart.

Now we have thousands of denominations with hundreds of opposing views of the Book we are told contains no more mystery. Interesting?

Wouldn't you say that someone has to be wrong? If I say white, and you say black, wouldn't you say that one of us has to be wrong? Of course there's always the possibility of it being red and both of us being wrong.

If we were talking about paint, there wouldn't be much of a problem should we be found wrong. But if we are talking about our Eternal future....?

SPIRITUALLY BLIND

The Jews had one thousand years with God dealing with them directly - and they missed Him.

We have had twice that period of time in silence from God, yet we think we have it all ironed out, that the Truth is presented clearly to us..... In fact we see things so clearly that we see not just one Truth, nor even two Truths as did the Jewish leaders - but we see hundreds of them.

And what is amazing to me is that all believe they are absolutely right, and that everyone else is absolutely wrong.

Now me, if I was to go to three different doctors about a problem, and received three different diagnoses, I would be confused and doubt them all. And if the problem had serious consequences, I might be very frightened as well. Yet, for some reason, when it comes to our Spiritual health we accept the first explanation thrown at us and look no farther. Why would we do such a thing? I have often wondered, but now I think I know.

We don't really believe in any of it, nor do we even care. If we did care, or believe, we would dedicate every part of our life trying to wade through all the garbage thrown at us, read the Bible with great intensity, and pray God for the Holy Spirit with which to find the Truth.

But we don't.

And to me that says we do not believe.

What do you think it says to God?

Jesus had two denominations to deal with, to try to show the Truth.

The Apostles had those same two denominations. And Paul had those two, plus the idolatrous sects of the Gentiles to deal with as well.

FRUSTRATION

They had two to maybe twenty factions to try and convince of the Truth. And now there are hundreds, each equally confident they are right.

And I wonder why I can't get anyone to see the Truth.

Why should anyone listen to me? Why should anyone assume I have the Truth any more than the thousands of other people who claim to have the Truth?

Besides, I just finished showing how God has the Truth hidden, so why should I think He would open the eyes of anyone to see what I have presented?

And, since I have shown that the Truth is hidden from everyone, what possesses me to think the Truth has been opened to me of all people?

And that is a question I ask myself often. "Why me!?"
Why me of all people. And I truly do not have an answer. All I know is that I write, and things I have no concept of unfolds. Then when I check out all the verses to either support or refute what I have written - all the Scriptures line up.

Can I take credit for any of it? Not in my mind. If, perchance, it turns out that I have been wrong with what I've presented, then I will have to take the fall for it. If it turns out that what I am presenting is right, then there is no way I can take any credit for it - but I'm afraid a great many people are going to have to take the fall for not believing it. Don't get me wrong. No one will be condemned or approved for anything because I presented it. They will be condemned because God said it. My writing is but a doodlebug path to the Truth. It is not Truth in itself.

I fear for that. I am afraid of what will happen, as I see it, to those I care for who are listening to the preachers and the theologians, and not to the Holy Spirit. And because of that fear, I hope I am wrong. I hope God does have a wishy-washy plan for Christians like the churches preach. But, like I said, if He does have such a plan, I am reading the wrong Bible.

But I know I'm not. And that is my dilemma.

TRADITIONAL STUMBLING BLOCKS

"Mommy, where did I come from?"

"Um, a, well Junior, I think you should ask your father that question."

"Daddy, where did I came from?"

"Well, um, you see? Ah..... it's kind of like this, son..... a stork brought you."

"A stork? Um, ok, I guess?"

"Is there something wrong, son?

"I guess not. It's just that I don't know how to tell Billy"

"Billy?"

"Uh hunh. Billy asked me where I came from. I told him I didn't know. But he knows where he came from. He came from Texas."

When a child asks a question we are unable to answer, we answer with a Fairy Tale. When little Junior asked Daddy the question every father fears, Daddy assumed he meant one thing when in fact he meant something entirely different.

Both people were sure they were talking about the same thing, but in fact, they were not.

Daddy thought he was going to have to tell Junior about the birds and the bees. If he did this it would mean telling him about physiology, and psychology, and sex - all things a small child would have no way of understanding even if he had all the fact. So instead of even trying, the father pacifies the child with a Fable.

When Father doesn't feel like going to work, he tells his boss a Fable.

When Mother scratches the car, she tells Father a Fable.

The Truth is hard to find, and hard to admit, and even harder to verbalize.

That is human nature.

So Fables abound.

When I try to explain something like, say, the Tabernacle - I find that I also have to explain Heaven, and the New Jerusalem, and Chapter 22 of Revelation, Overcomer, and the view God has of man, and the view man has of God, and Grace, and many other Fantasies and Fables that have been developed in order to shroud the Truth. I run into so many of these Fables, I sometimes wonder if it's worth even trying to explain it. I get to wondering how anyone can get past the wall of Fables, especially since I see no one trying to understand because no one seems to even see the wall.

I write about moving on in Jesus and the absolute necessity of the Holy Spirit - and I am confronted with a wall called "Grace."

I write about being an Overcomer, and I am challenged with "Once saved Always saved."

I advise to put on the Armor of God and stand firm, and I am deflected with the Rapture.

Jesus said that only the Overcomers will make it into the Kingdom.

Jesus said that only those with the Holy Spirit will be able to follow Him into the Holy City.

Jesus said He would return like a thief in the night with trumpets blaring and with a great Army (two Armies in fact.)

Tradition says that once a person says a few words they are forever converted and rest in Jesus' overcoming the cross.

Tradition says that everyone who says a few words automatically receives all the Holy Spirit and can never lose Him and therefore will inherit all the blessings God has promised to the Faithful.

Tradition says that Jesus will come secretly and sneak all the professing Christians into the clouds and miss the battle they are supposed to be preparing for.

These are only a very few of the roadblocks I run into.

And though Traditions and Fables are a strong roadblock, there is an even bigger wall that I find essentially insurmountable.

It is the very same wall the Apostles were confronted with.

It is the very same barrier Jesus had to deal with.

It's the road block of apathy - nobody cares.


Matthew 13
1The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side. 2And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore. 3And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow; 4And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: 5Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: 6And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. 7And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: 8But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. 9Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. 10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? 11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. 12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. 13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them. 18Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. 19When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. 20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; 21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. 22He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. 23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
24Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. 31Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: 32Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof. 33Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened. 34All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them: 35That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world. 36Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. 37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. 40As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
44Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. 45Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: 46Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it. 47Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: 48Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away. 49So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, 50And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 51Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord. 52Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.
53And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence. 54And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works? 55Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? 56And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things? 57And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house. 58And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

1Cor 2:
6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
*